Tuesday, January 15, 2013

January Note Card Party

 Welcome to the Note Card Party for January hosted by Vee.
Hop on over to Vee's to see more photos
or to find out how to join in the fun
and post some of your own.

There is no theme to my pictures for this months Note Card Party other than they are some of my favorite pictures I've taken.

I took this one of the sunrise just last week on my morning walk.
It is my favorite sunrise of all the sunrise pictures I've taken.
I just stood there for a while taking in the beauty.
 This photo was taken in 2006
when I was on a walking vacation and
walked the Ring of Kerry in Ireland with The Wayfarers.
The bridge over the water dates to 1652
when Oliver Cromwell's army built it to cross the stream that connects
the upper lake to Mucross Lake.
The opposite side is an island
where rebels opposing Cromwell were hiding.
I like this one because of how the weeds look blowing in the wind.
This last picture is what I see coming up to the lake each morning
I walk around it.  It brings a smile to my face each time I see it.
I've seen it in every season and in all types of weather.
I hope you enjoyed my photos.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
Happyone : )

26 comments:

  1. Oh that bridge in Ireland is so charming! Love that one, though they are all lovely. The one you took last week looks as if an entire new world was opening up before you as it truly was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful. The first so stunning, the bridge is amazing, the grasses - wow, and approaching the lake, wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why of course you have a theme...beautiful landscape shots! You're photos keep getting better and better! I really enjoyed these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of these are such breathtaking landscapes. The bridge in Ireland is so charming. Sunrise, seen through your eyes, is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are always so stunning, thanks for sharing these.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pics! I think the first one should be called "Promise", the promise of the day ahead:@)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos would make lovely note cards or a puzzle!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My, you are up and out walking at the break of dawn! Inspiring!! Gorgeous sunrise, and I love the Ireland photo. All stunning. xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. sold. i love them all. can't pick a fav. that bridge is great. so picture friendly. really enjoyed these. thanks!! ( :

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your notecard photos are beautiful. Amazing to have that last view when you take a walk every day. So lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've always wanted to go to Ireland and seeing your photo -- I REALLY want to go! There's nothing like a sunrise to start the day and I'd love to walk with you around the lake!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful, beautiful pictures...each one! You make me want to go out for an early morning walk. (And for this decidedly not-morning-person, that's saying a lot!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Be still my heart!

    The bridge in Ireland is so beautiful!

    And any photo with a gorgeous sunrise or sunset gets me too!

    Thanks!
    Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  14. That first photo is stunning! I see a landscaping theme in play with your selections! I adore that bridge. I would have loved to see that when we traveled over to Ireland many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah Happyone! These are all lovely. There is something about me and your PATH pics that get my heart every time.

    Be glad you don't have snow. It is almost brutal this year.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The bridge in Ireland is beautiful! Lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very special beautiful note cards!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love these! They are all so great in their own way... can't decide my favorite. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Each one is just beautiful, but the first one of the sunrise is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I like the idea of having a favorite familiar spot. I also have a few places that I often look at, wondering how the light strikes it now, or what if I could take a picture of this from over there, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  21. All of these photos are marvelous. All would make great note cards.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such lovely scenes for your notecards. I really enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a beautiful series for this month's Note Card Party. The colors in the sunrise image are stunning and rich! I love the shot from Ireland, too.

    ~Lindy

    ReplyDelete

Hi there. Thanks for stopping by.
Want to add a smile to my day?
Leave a comment. :-)